Xiaomi recently launched its Mi Mix 2 bezel-less smartphone, but it seems there is a new variant of the smartphone coming out very soon. An image of the new variant was spotted on Weibo, a Chinese website. This new version is tagged the ‘Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s’.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
While the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 comes with almost no bezels on three sides of the display, the Mi Mix 2s is seen sporting an iPhone X-like notch on top. The notch looks shorter in length compared to the iPhone X, leaving more area for the display on either side. A small LED notification light can also be seen placed inside the Mi Mix 2s’ notch.
Now there is no confirmation if this device is real, but if it is, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s is expected to come with similar specs to the original Mi Mix 2.
The specs for the Mi Mix 2 are as follows:
- 5.99-inch full HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) display resolution with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Ceramic rear panel
- 2.4GHx octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- Android 7.0 Nougat, to be updated to Android 8.0 Oreo by December
- 6GB of RAM
- 128GB of internal storage
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording, 4-axis OIS and dual tone LED flash
- 5MP front facing camera with facial recognition placed at the bottom of the display
- 3400mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 for fast charging
- 4G, VoLTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC and USB Type C as connectivity option
This is a very good looking device and one i would love to get my hands on. Can’t wait for Xiaomi to launch this device.
Would you love to have this device and do you think this is a blatant rip-off of the iPhone X? Let me know in the comment section.