The Infinix Hot 5 is a mid-range android device from Infinix. Tagged the ‘Mobile Cinema’, it sports a dual front facing speaker system and has a surround sound system Infinix calls ‘The 3D Dirac Surround’.
Infinix is at that point where Samsung was at a couple of years ago in that they want to saturate the market with their devices across all tiers/level. From the entry level Infinix Smart to the Flagship Note 4 Pro, Infinix seems to be having a working formula. As they say if the formula works, there’s no need changeing it. If it worked for Samsung it ‘should’ work for Infinix as well.
The Hot 5 has a 5.5 inch IPS HD display and comes with a 400Mah battery. It also sports 16GB internal storage and 2GB of RAM. This device targets the average dude who’s on a budget and wants a media-centered device.
Infinix Hot 5 Full Specs
- 5.5-inch Touch Display, 720 x 1280 pixels (267ppi)
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6580 CPU with 2GB RAM
- Android 7.0 (Nougat), XOS 2.2
- 16GB Storage with support for memory card up to 32GB
- 8MP Rear Camera and 5MP Front Camera
- 3G and Wi-Fi
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)
- 4000 mAh Battery with Fast Charging
Coming in at N37,500 ($105 or 6,700 Rupees), the Hot 5 is quite affordable and shouldn’t break the bank.
This is my unboxing and first look at the Infinix Hot 5.