Here’s an easy guide on how to install the really cool Xiaomi MIUI 12 ROM on any Xiaomi device. You need to have some basic pre-requisites setup on your device.
Follow the instructions below to learn how to install and download ROM for your device.
DisclaimerDo this at your own risk. I will not be held accountable for whatever happens to your device. Make sure you know what you’re doing before you proceed. This video aims only to provide a guide.
STEP 1 – Unlock your bootloader
STEP 2 – Install a custom recovery and Backup your device
If you dont have a custom recovery installed, click the link below to learn how to do that)
- How to Install a custom recovery – https://bit.ly/2WktmMF
- Download TWRP Recovery for any Device – https://bit.ly/3dc0RaK
Backup your device, just in case you hit any snag you can always revert to your old status
- Click here to learn how to backup on TWRP – https://bit.ly/3d9lJzn
STEP 3 – Download your desired MIUI 12 ROM
Download the ROM file for your Device to your computer. I’ll recommend you download the Xiaomi.eu ROM since it has all google apps installed and you shouldn’t have any issues with Chinese characters all over your phone.
- Xiaomi.EU ROM List (Recommended) – https://bit.ly/3bYzQY9 or
- download the X-ROM downloader from the Google play store to download the Xiaomi.eu ROM directly to your device – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rvbanna420.xROM_downloader
- Chinese ROM List – https://t.me/miui12_official
Boot into your custom recovery by powering off your device, and then holding down the Volume Up + Power Buttons. When you see the logo leave the Power button while still holding down the Volume Up button.
Once booted into the recovery, head into wipe, you could either wipe everything on your device by selecting ‘Format Data’ and then type ‘Yes’ and click the arrow to continue Once wiped, plug your phone to your PC and copy the downloaded ROM to the root or TWRP folder in your device.
Hit the Home Button, select ‘Install’ browse to where you put the downloaded ROM on your phone, Select the ROM zip file and swipe to install. Installation will take a while (between 5 and 7 minutes) and after you’re done with the installation, reboot to system
Follow the video instructions to setup your smartphone. There you have it you have successfully installed MIUI 12 on your device.
If you have any question let me know in the comment section below